The unit is supplied with the most recent Video-endoscopes.
All the diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower G.I. procedures are performed on elective and emergency basis by highly expert G.I consultants
The Endoscopy Unit provides the diagnosis and treatment of the following cases:
First The Upper G.I.T Endoscopy (to examine the esophagus, stomach and duodenum):
- Diagnosis of esophageal reflux (GERD), ulcers and inflammation of the esophagus
- Infections and ulcers of the stomach and duodenum
- Cases of Hematemesis (vomiting of blood) from stomach ulcers.
- Cases of Hematemesis (vomiting of blood) from esophageal varices or gastric varices with injection or ligation.
- Early diagnosis of tumors of the esophagus and stomach
Second The Lower G.I.T Endoscopy (for colon examination)
- Diagnosis of Colitis (inflammation of the Colon), rectal and anal bleeding in cases of internal hemorrhoids and others.
- Early diagnosis of tumors of the colon and bowel and taking Biopsies.
- Diagnosis of ulcerative colitis